Saturday 23 August 2014

Last evening in Umhlanga Rocks ...

Last evening in Umhlanga Rocks, near Durban.

Lots of walking today - even got as far as 126 Ridge Road, where we lived for a couple of months in early 2003.  Spied a small family of monkeys along the way.  Despite the high fences & razor wire, this agile family scaled the street light posts before leaping over the fences into the gardens below.

Tomorrow we leave Umhlanga Rocks and move a couple of hours north to Hluhluwe (staying at  another Protea Hotel),  for the next conference.
Not sure when my next post will be - hopefully I'll have lots of photos of KwaZulu-Natal with at least a sprinkling of african animals - maybe even the Big 5!

In the mean-time I've included a smattering of photos taken in Umhlanga.

Lunch time!
Umhlanga Rocks

I'm watching you ... You're watching me!
Umhlanga Rocks



Fishing
Umhlanga Rocks style

Umhlanga Rocks towards the Port of Durban


Umhlanga Rocks after an evening storm
towards Durban City

Thought I'd finish this part of our trip with a burst of colour ...

Burst of colour
Sydney Botanical Gardens

Check back in a day or so ...  Bye for now
Cheers Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment